Position Title: Crisis Intervention Counselor
Essential Function: Provides crisis intervention, clinical and support services to runaway, homeless and locked out youth and clients at risk of DCFS or Juvenile Justice involvement.
- Provides immediate crisis intervention to families and youth to ameliorate the family crisis and/or to deflect youth from DCFS and/or Juvenile Justice systems.
- Responds to crisis calls by telephone within fifteen minutes and is onsite to provide direct services to the family/youth within one hour.
- Beyond the crisis, the Crisis Intervention Counselor provides family, individual and group counseling to individuals and families.
- Maintains short and long-term counseling caseload.
- Works in partnership with school districts, hospitals, and police stations to deliver services.
- Participates in team meetings, staffings, and supervision as expected.
- Carries on-call responsibilities according to the agency calendar.
- Responds to Peer Jury cases as expected.
- Conducts group counseling as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in the human service field with three years’ experience
Master’s Degree in the human service field strongly preferred
LSW/LPC strongly preferred
Ability to carry on-call phone and respond 24/7 according to the schedule required
Valid Illinois Driver’s License required
Valid auto insurance required
Position is not work from home eligible
Reports to: Crisis Supervisor
Exempt from overtime
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,000.00 – $42,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Clients and visitors are required to wear masks. Office staff follow health and safety protocols.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Palatine, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- human services: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- LSW/LPC (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click here to apply or email email@example.com.