Alongside the Director of Development, the successful candidate will work with The Bridge volunteers and staff to coordinate successful fundraising and marketing programs that support the children and families served by The Bridge. Development Specialist takes a shared leadership role of The Bridge special events including an annual gala, golf outing, and walk/run. Strong organizational, communication, and computer skills are a must.
In addition, the Development Specialist will support the work of The Bridge to increase the visibility and funding of the organization. The Specialist is responsible for implementing communications and development efforts to support strategic priorities, build brand recognition, lead special event requests, and assist with prospect research. The ideal candidate is a developing communications and development professional with top-notch writing and storytelling skills; the ability to communicate concepts simply and concisely; a keen understanding of how to tailor communications to specific media; respectable graphic design skills; and strong project management skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing and Editing: Write and edit stories for solicitations, email newsletters, social media posts, and print collateral, as well as other materials as assigned.
- Crafting Content: Build out content for the website, email newsletter, and print collateral; this work will rely heavily on pre-made templates, but also requires adept and creative use of technology.
- Sharing Content: Distribute stories, news, and other materials via social media (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn); this work could include crafting posts, creating scheduled campaigns, and “live tweeting” significant events.
- Assisting with Media Outreach: Build and maintain sector-specific and location-specific reporter lists; assist in drafting press releases; and track media coverage of The Bridge.
- Promoting Events: Assist with any and all communications, list-building, and related tasks for the annual events, or other milestone events.
- Maintaining Media Library: Maintain The Bridge’s digital library of photos, videos, graphics, icons, as well as creating a physical library of print collateral and reports, for staff to have easy access to our resources.
- Assist with general operating requests: Support the submission of requests to businesses, financial institutions and foundations for special events. Oversee online application submissions. Maintain The Bridge’s online application passwords and related information.
- Assist and support the completion of assigned reports and proposals: Coordinate with staff across departments to gather program updates and impact data to complete assigned reports. Assist with identifying client impact stories and developing short content about program achievements. Develop charts, graphs, and other visual graphics for use in funder materials.
- Assist with maintaining donor base. Record submissions in Development tracking system and assist with thank you correspondence, and reporting and renewal dates are entered into work plans.
- Provide executive support: Coordinate arrangements and schedule meetings for committees, maintain meeting minutes, and editing and mailing of correspondence.
- High-quality work products that are written well, crafted strategically, and aligned with The Bridge’s goals and branding.
- Timely execution of assigned projects.
- Accurate maintenance of media lists and communications materials.
- Accurate maintenance of prospect research files, paper and electronic proposals, funder reports, and fundraising files.
- Excellent communication and professional working relationships with members of the Marketing and Development committee, all of The Bridge staff, and external stakeholders, including its nonprofit funders, corporate partners, and the media.
- Cultivates a culture of openness in information sharing. Encourage open communication, cooperation, and the sharing of knowledge.
- Models personal accountability that promotes ownership and engagement.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with peers and committee members.
- Values and supports differences in others, contributing to an inclusive work environment. Demonstrates the ability and willingness to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to create a collaborative, and caring community.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or related experience in communications, journalism, English, or related field.
Previous Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience in writing, proofing, editing, communications and/or nonprofit fundraising required.
Special Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong experience working in content management systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Salesforce data management a plus.
Otherl Requirements: Evening and weekend work are necessary; able to lift 20 pounds and stand for extended period.
Application Instructions: Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. Please indicate in the subject line of the email Development Specialist position.
The Bridge values equity, diversity and inclusion as part of its mission to strengthen nonprofits and the communities they serve. The Bridge is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
For additional information call:
Director of Development, Alana Flatley 847-485-3087 or email@example.com.